The New Galala City is the largest project in Egypt after the New Administrative Capital, and the Engineering Office of the Armed Forces is supervising the Galala City of Ain Sokhna project. The New Galala City in Ain Sokhna is a tourist city with international standards, and it is one of the major projects that have been implemented along the Red Sea coast to achieve the so-called comprehensive development through the establishment of a city that meets international standards and serves the region.
, whether economic or tourist. It is one of the Egyptian national development projects. Its implementation is supervised by the Engineering Authority of the Armed Forces with the assistance of the civil sector. The project includes El Galala City, El Galala University, and a tourist resort overlooking the Gulf of Suez, in addition to the Ain Sokhna-Zafarana road, which cuts through Mount El Galala.
The location and area of the New Galala City project
The Galala Marine Plateau project is located on the main road that connects the Wadi Hajoul area on the Cairo-Ain Sokhna highway. The new Galala city will be built in three phases, The first phase of the Galala Plateau project covers an area of 2050 acres and consists of a variety of activities, including residential areas for medium-priced units, commercial, tourist, cultural, medical and educational and religious villages.
Features and services of the New Galala City project
The project has a distinct geographical location that can be used to build tourist attractions, roads and agriculture.
- The project can see the Red Sea coast directly.
- The plateau of the new city of El Galala has many natural resources that it is famous for, the most important of which are marble and phosphates.
- Large lake collect rainwater Galara International City
- El Galala Resort for World Tourism is the first desalination plant in Egypt and the Middle East
- Phosphate fertilizer plant 3 Sewage treatment plants Autonomous power generation plants in cities.
- Distinguished and medium residential buildings
- Tourist resorts
- Wellness spa
- group of schools
- Distinguished housing of villas and chalets
- Various entertainment
- A modern hotel
- Restaurants and conference hall
- Shopping center
- yacht city
- Water park area
- mountain hotel
- A cable car connects the resort to the city
Universities located in the New Galala City
The the New Galala City includes many high-level international educational universities, which provide a very large opportunity for students to obtain educational opportunities in many important disciplines such as demand, modern agriculture, mining and wind, engineering, media and other important and required disciplines, and one of the most important of these universities is the University of Galala For science and technology, and in the coming lines, we will mention some of the universities within the New Galala City. One of the most important features of the New Galala City is the presence of the best universities in it, as it includes the two best universities for modern sciences, and we will discuss in the following a definition of the universities located there:
1- Galala University for Science and Technology
El Galala University (GU) was established to be the first ever smart university on Egyptian soil, committed to “fourth generation universities” around the world, which put scientific research, local and international job requirements, and practical experience at the core of its learning strategy.
Students benefit from the latest technology, facilities, and outstanding academic and administrative staff. All faculty members work collectively to provide an outstanding learning experience to GU’s maximum capacity of 25,000 local and international students. The university is divided into fifteen promising fields, comprising more than 60 outstanding programs.
Location and area of Galala University for Science and Technology in New Galala City
Galala University covers an area of 173.5 acres, and is located in the plateau area. The university is located in the New Galala City , 135 kilometers from Cairo and 70 kilometers from the administrative capital. It is rich in natural resources and contributes to the development of Egypt. The Galala plateau overlooks the Red Sea coast.
Features of Galala University
- The University’s unique geographical location in the New Galala City , at an altitude of 700 meters above sea level, inspires students’ talents and imaginations and provides an enjoyable learning experience. The New Galala City is considered one of the most wonderful tourist attractions due to its unique climate.
- Its temperature is 10 degrees lower than other nearby areas.
- The city receives different nationalities every year.
- Its extensive facilities include a water sports city, a mountain hotel, and a cable car.
- GU strives to be a leading educational institution across the MENA region, promoting methodologies for continuous research and active learning for our students.
- The university aims to maintain a competitive advantage in managing the quality system of education, research, knowledge and community service, while encouraging students to acquire essential skills and experience to meet the needs of the local, regional and international labor market by providing outstanding academic and professional programs.
- The student is the most important person on the university campus.
- The University recognizes that in addition to the academic endeavors of our students, they are shaped by their personalities, choosing their future path, and therefore need our support.
- GU prepares current students to be future leaders; Able to gain a competitive advantage, and facilitate access to various job opportunities at the local and international levels.
- Students can participate in many internship opportunities in the many offices at the university or through our private sector partners.
It is located on the project land and includes 15 colleges in various disciplines as follows:
- Pharmacy and pharmaceutical industries.
- Humanities and Sociology
- . Food and food industries.
- Allied Medical Sciences.
- Oral and dental medicine.
- natural therapy.
- Academy of Sciences.
- administration science.
- College of Science.
2- King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz University
King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz University is built on an area of 100 acres in the New Galala City to operate according to the latest scientific systems and modern methods, provided that it includes advanced colleges needed by the Egyptian community in non-typical disciplines that are not present in regular universities, such as:
- colleges of modern agriculture
- Solar power generation technology.
- Wind and Mining Colleges.
- Faculty of medicine.
The companies developing the New Galala City project
The project is implemented by 55 private Egyptian companies under the supervision of the Engineering Department as follows:
- The Engineering Authority of the Army 40 Egyptian companies in the road sector
The Engineering Authority of the Armed Forces is one of the organs of the Egyptian Armed Forces. The Engineering Management Office of the Armed Forces, through its administrative departments (Military Engineering, Military Survey, Water, Major Engineering, Military Engineering) performs many specialized tasks and engineering insurance services for the main branches of the Armed Forces. The comprehensive development process of the country, from cleaning up the effects of the war to establishing development and urban projects, establishing free road networks, bridges and airports in all governorates of Egypt, building many desalination plants, digging wells, extending water lines to new cities and urban gatherings, and conducting investigations
- 5 companies in the fields of construction, industrial engineering, bridges, tunnels and gas stations
- Eight companies operate in Ras Abu El Darg, a tourist resort overlooking the Gulf of Suez.